Bing rating is based upon following reviews
Bad Search Engine
Bing is very bad search engine. It doesnt show what you search for! Horrible results, Its like if you search for an air conditioner, it will bring results with fans and then insist that you wanted to see fans not air conditioners. that is because its algorithm has banned the air conditioner pages as it was not upto Bing standards so people now have to see fans only. haha as if Bing has standards lol
Extremely irrelevant results
By: Mark Smith
Coudnt find the business website i searched for, instead bing kept showing me the garbage spammy websites. Turned out that bing has banned the business i was searhing for. Lol what a bunch of jokers MS hired to run bing! Had to use Google to find it as always!
Windows keeps forcing me to use Bing
By: Deni Martin
I have paid my windows license fees yet why Microsoft still wants to force me to use its useless search engine? Either improve your search engine or dont try to force people to use it. When Bing will overcome its issues, people will automatically start to use it, you wont need to force them anymore!
Improve Bing to such a level that people start to use it.
Completely Irrelevant Search Results
By: Mexican Lion
Cannot find what I was searching for. Microsoft Bing team! You were given just one job! Google is Wayyyyyyyy better than Bing.
Same Useless Results Repeated Again and Again
Bing is a big stain on the face of Microsoft. They should shut it down for good. If you ever try to search for something or some business,, you will be presented with everything but the thing you search for. You will see the same results repeated on the pages frequently. I dont know why duckduckgo and yahoo uses Bing results, they could do much better than Bing if they had tried to make their own search engine.
Worse to Worst
A 10 years old kid with a little programming knowledge can build a better search engine than Bing. Look at their results, their so called intelligent algorithm is so intelligent that it bans the good websites and ranks the poor quality scarping websites. When you contact them and present them with screen shots and proofs, they have just one sentence to say, your website is not upto the Bing standards.
No! your search engine is not good enough to rank good websites. Its standards are so low that it will just keep ranking scraping websites and will throw away good websites.
It is in the hands of a bunch of Indians who probably are keeping all their poor quality websites in the search results to get ads revenue from them and the genuine websites are being filtered out. Go ahead keep doing so, you really deserve this. If the Bing was not included in windows, no body would even know about its existence!
Don’t register with Bing Webmaster Tools
I strongly feel that something fishy is going on with Bing.com right now. Read my review before you decide to register your websites with Bing webmaster tools or at-least try to register a few first and see the outcome before adding all your websites to your Bing portfolio.
I started to use the Bing webmaster tools and after a few months it deindexed almost all those websites that I registered in Bing webmaster tools and all those websites that I did NOT register in Bing webmaster tools are still working well. Now I regret why I registered with their webmaster tools service. My websites are 12 years old and are ranked very well on Google and all other search engines. They have a lot of direct traffic as they give valuable information to People. But apparent Bing has some special needs to fill oh and I didn’t get any notification in my Bing webmaster tools about my websites being deindexed, what is the point of registering with the Bing webmaster tools when Bing doesn’t even inform you that it somehow has decided to deindex all your websites? At least inform a webmaster about such a big action that you have taken on his websites and he also happens to be registered with you or stop claiming your Bing dashboard to be “Webmaster Tools”. All other webmaster tools like Google and even Yandex tells you every bit of information and actions taken against your website, if any.
On the top of that! I have opened two tickets on Bing webmaster tools support, waited for almost one month after first ticket then opened another ticket and still waiting for a response from Bing after 12 days on the second ticket (ticket number for reference [UCM000004228934]). Even though their automatic reply said “We will get back to you in 10 days” I still did not get any reply till today. If any high-level management person is reading this review, go ahead and check for the above ticket. It seems that they have no admin check on the support tickets opened so their support team is probably closing the support tickets themselves without addressing them.
I am writing this review here in the hope that someone in Microsoft or Bing higher management will notice and address this issue, if you won’t listen to people, you are not doing any good to Bing. People are not there to serve Bing, instead, it’s the Bing who should be serving people and adopting new ways to collect information from their websites instead of banning them or warning them for not “limiting description to 160 characters”. Websites are made for people not computers or robots, or in your case, Bing.
Take my criticism as an input to improve Bing, not something personal. I am actually in the favor of a healthy competition and wants to see more good search engines but I am sad to say it is not possible the way the things are going right now.
Bing is Easily the Worst Search Engine
By: Muhammad Naeem
Bing is easily the worst search engine and even duckduckgo is much better than Bing. I wonder why Bill Gates did not notice the performance of his Bing team. It is ruining Microsoft's goodwill. There are countless reasons to support my review.
Bill! if you are reading this review or if anyone who has direct access to Bill Gates, please ask him to read my review and spare a little of his time to personally test what I am about to mention.
1. Bing is no longer a search engine; it has become a web directory!
How? Well, your Bing team has forgot one thing, in order to avail the title of a search engine, you have to go a step ahead and when someone searches for a keyword, your search engine should try to list the websites with quality contents, relevancy, authenticity etc. from human perspective in short it should search for websites made for PEOPLE not ROBOTS while Bing team , right now, wants to force their own rules on all websites and they want WEBSITES to make their SEARCH ENGINES JOB EASIER by adding meta tags, by following their so called rules and they don’t want to improve their BING CRAWLER to have better AI and to better evaluate contents.
Bing team wants us to make websites by keeping BING IN OUR MIND instead of ACTUAL PEOPLE. This is not going to happen any time soon or in-fact it may never happen at all! Even Google recommends us to target people instead of Google as they are confident that their AI is good enough to find good contents itself even if they are under a brick which is certainly not something Bing team is after. Bill, go ahead and register as a webmaster in your own Bing webmaster tools and then you will realize your team’s caliber.
2. A major BUG in BINGs Crawler AI is the backlinks. Thanks to Bing, you can easily get your competition's website demoted or even blacklisted by Bings so called INTELLIGENT web crawler, all you have to do is submit your competitions websites links to free directories and some bad websites and your job is done. You will soon see your competition's websites disappear and you will gain ranking. TADA! how easy is it, go ahead and try, YES this WILL work. Go and try it yourself. Don’t believe me? check your crawlers AI variables and you will find it. Oh, and this is especially effective with newbie websites as their good inbounds links are usually less so very few bad links can destroy your competitions balance of good and bad links.
Don’t even think about Disavow links option, It mostly doesn't work and if it works it may take a very long time. Also in order to disavow links, you need to know about them before hand, how will I know the website links on which my competition has put my website link? I am not a telepathic? May be Bing team has that ability?
3. Bing webmaster tool forces you to keep your webpage description between 25 to 160 words, otherwise it shows error and it says that MOST SEARCH ENGINES use this many characters. Well I want to mention to the INTELLIGENT BING TEAM that there are more uses of page description other than just search engines! Many social media platforms use the meta description as a fall back option, also some accessibility readers let you hear that page description and it has many use for human beings as well. Oh and some search engines do use more than 160 characters too! Bing is not the only search engine to take care of.
4. A huge FLAW in Bing Webmaster Tools is that bing will never tell you if your website is demoted, penalized or even entirely removed from bing search results. What is the sole purpose of registering with Bing webmaster tools if you cannot mention any actions you have taken against a website? Yes Bill if you are reading this review, go ahead and ask your Bing team if I am right or NOT!
5. If someone contacts your Bing team, they give a 10 days’ time to reply and I have contacted them thrice, only got reply once, remaining two times, I even got the emails that I will be contacted within 10 days I still didn’t get any response at all even after a month. Even if someone gets a reply from Bing, they say that your website quality is not upto bing standards? WAKE UP! Bing is not a web directory! It is a search engine so it MUST show what people are searching for, don’t behave like a web directory and choose what to show and what not! If someone is searching for my website and you don’t show it! you are not a search engine! Think before its too late!